Monday, April 1, 2013

baskets



 
What do you think?
 
I am so happy with this quilt that I could sing (lucky that you can't here how awful that sounds!)
 
The pattern is from Kim Brackett's Scrap Basket Surprises and it was such an enjoyable quilt to make. Kim's patterns are easy to follow and although designed for 2.5inch strips I made mine from a layer cake with a little extra yardage for colour balance.
 
Kim has published two books since then.
 
The fabric is Simple Abundance by Bonnie & Camille and was given to me by the wonderful team at Busy Thimbles.
 
Busy Thimbles always has a fantastic stand at the Sydney Quilt Show and I'm looking forward to visiting them again this year. They are renowned for their kits, English paper piecing and Sue Daley patterns.
 
Joanne Knott - The Quilter's Quilter worked her magic using a flower pattern and the binding was made from leftover fabric.
 
 
 
 
It's a good feeling to have this quilt finished at last. Now I'd better get back to working on my charity quilt blocks. The end of the month has crept up on me this time around!
 

18 comments:

  1. Go ahead and sing! It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ann, I'd be singing from the roof tops if that was my quilt, you have done an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes! It is gorgeous! I don't have any of Kim's books, but I have seen lots of the quilts made up and really like them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together...especially in the form of a quilt;)
    Happy Quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! You did a great job!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a huge fan of baskets and yours are perfect. Love the colors and how the quilt came out. You should sing for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is delightful---love basket quilts. Another book or three that I will be FORCEd to buy. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the most cheerful looking basket quilt I have seen in ages....I Love It :0) Well Done!

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo!!! Absolutely delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super job Ann! I like the variety in the fabrics that you used, and the binding looks terrific. The quilt flower design looks very pretty :) Nora

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Ann! Just a question... I hope to have 4 large quilts to bind in the near future...2 are already in Spain to be quilted one is ready to go and another will be ready by the end of April. Do you want to come over to Portugal and give me a helping hand?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Ann! So glad we've finally got to see the whole quilt. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is a stunning quilt! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So that's what a finished quilt looks like?! I've never actually finished one. It's gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Ann, it's so pretty! I'm so glad you finished it. I love everything about it! The fabrics are beautiful, and your piecing is fabulous. I like the quilting pattern Joanne used, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.