Sunday, June 30, 2013

petite

 
After weeks of seeing only the binding on this quilt I thought it only fair to show you the whole thing. I'm rather happy to have this quilt finished and now it can be gifted to a dear friend.
 
The pattern is Rectangle Reverie from allpeoplequilt.com (Quilts & More Winter 2010) and measures 58.5 inches by 81.5 inches.
 
The fabrics used include Petite Maison by Bunny Hill Designs with some co-ordinating spot prints.
 
It was quilted by The Quilter's Quilter with an all over floral design.
 
Another dear friend gave me a small iron found when she was tidying up for a house move. That means I can pick up Park Avenue Rosettes - just two blocks to finish.
 
 
It's still wet and miserable (I guess it's winter after all) so perfect for staying inside and sewing. Enjoy your weekend!
 

11 comments:

  1. I wondered when we'd see more of your Rosettes. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is so pretty. I have made this quilt to.Your Rosettes are looking beautiful, I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is so pretty and your friend is so lucky! The Rosettes are very pretty, looking forward to seeing the top! Stay warm, curl up under quilts and think of me broiling under the hot prairie sun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt! And the Rosettes, also, yes!
    I´m as Gail, broiling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is lovely! Sure to be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely quilt!

    We've been doing a lot of snuggling here as well, with a constant fire burning in the wood heater. Got to love winter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the finish! Love that little star block. Wet and wintery where you are? Wet and sweltery where I am! We have had record rainfall for this month. Wish I could share some heat with you!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quilt looks beautiful. The colors are so pretty. It will be well loved. Lucky friend.
    Glad you have a new iron.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt, beautiful blocks. Guess it's not such an inconvenience, though, to be ironing there. It's mighty hot to be doing it up here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a cozy looking quilt. I like the binding. I never think of binding with something other than the border fabric. I'll have to think about that for the quilt I'm quilting now. So gald you now have an iron for Park Avenue Rosettes. It is going to be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'Tis a wee bit chilly down here as well....perfect weather for stitching a quilt or two. I love your finished quilt.....the colours look lovely together. Love your Avenue Rosettes blocks....looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.